Our Malcolm Gordon Charitable Fund helps conserve and steward landscapes in the mid-Hudson River Valley.
Every year we award grants ranging from $5,000-$15,000 to the Valley’s most promising environmental education projects and programs.
Examples of our work through the Malcolm Gordon Charitable Fund include:
- An award to establish community gardens and address food insecurity.
- Funding to develop an informational heritage trail about the Black and Native American Communities in the Hudson Valley.
- A grant to restore trails at Bear Mountain State Park.
- Support for a school-based program promoting environmental stewardship.
- Funding for a book of panorama photos capturing the Valley’s natural significance.
Through the Fund we support one-time projects or assist in the launch of programs, but do not provide ongoing annual grants or support for operating costs.