Search Results for sutherland
- OSI Supports Addition to Tennessee’s Bear Hollow Mountain Wildlife Management Area
2021 Year in Review: Addressing Climate Change
— This year, the lands added to state and national parks and forests by OSI store an estimated 1.9 million metric tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere – equivalent to the annual emissions of more than 1.5 million cars.
- Open Space Institute Launches Fund to Accelerate Land Conservation Within Southern Appalachian Region to Fight Climate Change
- Open Space Institute Launches $18 Million Appalachian Landscapes Protection Fund to Accelerate Land Conservation to Fight Climate Change
Saving Chattanooga's Backyard
— The Tennessee River Gorge is a geological wonder flanking a 26-mile stretch of Tennessee’s namesake river, where waters carved a path thousands of feet deep through the hard sandstone and limestone of the Cumberland Plateau.
- Story Map: Saving the Southern Cumberlands (2018)
- Saving the Southern Cumberlands: A Story Map by the Open Space Institute
Traversing Tennessee Trails
— The Denny Cove project was one of three that OSI and partners projects completed in 2017 that expand South Cumberland State Park.
— The longest hardwood forested plateau in the world, the Cumberland Plateau stretches across four states—Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama—and has endured a long history of aggressive deforestation.