Search Results for sutherland
- Open Space Institute Launches Fund to Accelerate Land Conservation Within Southern Appalachian Region to Fight Climate Change
- Open Space Institute Launches $18 Million Appalachian Landscapes Protection Fund to Accelerate Land Conservation to Fight Climate Change
Saving Chattanooga's Backyard
— The Tennessee River Gorge is a geological wonder flanking a 26-mile stretch of Tennessee’s namesake river, where waters carved a path thousands of feet deep through the hard sandstone and limestone of the Cumberland Plateau.
- Story Map: Saving the Southern Cumberlands (2018)
- Saving the Southern Cumberlands: A Story Map by the Open Space Institute
Traversing Tennessee Trails
— The Denny Cove project was one of three that OSI and partners projects completed in 2017 that expand South Cumberland State Park.
— The longest hardwood forested plateau in the world, the Cumberland Plateau stretches across four states—Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama—and has endured a long history of aggressive deforestation.
- OSI helps grow protected land in Tennessee's South Cumberland Plateau region by 13,000 acres
- OSI loan helps Shaker Museum expand and protect Columbia County Site